MORE

by Erin Paolercio
 
Psalm 145  God's Greatness (Passion Translation)
King David's poetic song of praise
 
Psalm 145 starting in verse 3 declares, "Lord You are great, and worthy of the highest praise! For there is no end to the discovery of the greatness that surrounds you. Generation after generation will declare more of your greatness, and discover more of your glory."  
 
As I sat at the piano with this Scripture opened in front of me, I was deeply moved by the powerful truth that I am destined to discover MORE of God's glory!  We represent what David prophetically declared...we are the "generation after generation" here and NOW!  As we declare more of His greatness, we WILL discover more of His glory! The next verse describes how His "miracles of majesty are my constant meditation."  What an awesome challenge, that His majestic miracles be what our thoughts dwell on!  I have seen breakthrough after breakthrough in my own life when my gaze is fixed on God's nature and presence.  He holds the answers!  He holds the power to overcome!  And that same power is IN us!  I'm just amazed at how He continues unfolding and revealing more and more to us His children.  What a good God, what a loving Father. No wonder David continues by saying in verse 8, "You're so kind and tenderhearted to those who don't deserve it...Your love is like a flooding river overflowing its banks with kindness."  His love overflows, providing us with more than enough.  He is a God of MORE!  Even further in verse 19, "Every one of your godly lovers receives even MORE than what they ask for.  For you hear what their hearts really long for, and you bring them your saving strength!" 

I'm challenged myself, and I want to challenge you today...to see that there is more.  More to see in Him today, more to praise Him for...more glory to discover!  See that image today of that flooding river of His love, overflowing the banks of your life with His kindness.  Be encouraged in the truth that He gives us MORE than we ask for, because it's Who He is. My mind cannot grasp this yet my spirit responds and cries out, "More of You Lord!" Let that be our cry and our prayer as we walk this life out.  We are a generation who is destined to see MORE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment